Sunday 24 March 2013

Whisper


The idea behind my concept is Inner Beauty.
A lot of girls have problems finding themselves beautiful.
This image is a mirror image of a girl telling herself that she is beautiful.
Screen Shot 2013-03-23 at 6.42.24 PM
First I drew a profile image of a woman's face using the brush tool at 3pt.
Screen Shot 2013-03-23 at 6.49.47 PM
I then brought in a paper background. I used the brush tool with a water color brush to fill in the face and lips, and out an opacity of 60%
Screen Shot 2013-03-23 at 7.04.10 PM
Next I changed the size of the canvas because I found there was too much empty space on the top.
I took the image of the face and copied the layer and flipped it horizontally so it mirrored the image on the left.
Screen Shot 2013-03-25 at 12.08.55 AM
I wanted to add a subtle background, so I found line drawings of my favorite flower, the hibiscus, and placed them in the background. I then applied the layer blending Multiply to get rid of the white background and applied an opacity of 80%.
I then added a wispy smoke effect to symbolize a whisper effect. I then added the words "you're beautiful" into the smoke.

And here is the final product


identicial

No comments:

Post a Comment